Monday, February 22, 2010

My life is over.

Ok so quick post to let you know my ENTIRE WORLD IS CRASHING DOWN AROUND ME. I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THIS AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO. JUST END IT NOW!!!!!


....Ok, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic. BUT...get this. My dear friend just sent me 2 articles about agave nectar, which I SWEAR by...telling how HORRIBLE it is for you!!! Granted, this is only one source and maybe it's not all totally true...but that one source IS Sally Fallon, who is like THE god of holistic nutrition. And she's a smart cookie and does her research. So it's probably totally true and reliable. :-(

Apparently, agave is produced the same way as HFCS and even MORE concentrated fructose than HFCS. Ugh, I don't even know what to DO. Apparently...I mean, understandably so...the best way to go is just mostly avoid sweeteners. If you do eat it, use raw honey, organic maple syrup, molasses...ya know. NATURAL stuff. While it doesn't keep your blood sugar from spiking, those things aren't as BAD as processed sugar and stuff, so used sparingly, they're probably the safest things. I don't know about Stevia...I'll have to read more about that too. Apparently xylitol is death too. Produced using chemicals, then the crystals are forced out of solution by adding ETHER and then they are extracted using ROTARY EVAPORATION or CENTRIFUGATION. I used that junk in ORGANIC CHEMISTRY to synthesize chemicals, man!!! This is just ridiculous and scary.

Anyway...here are the links if you are interested in reading more about it:

http://www.westonaprice.org/Agave-Nectar-of-the-Gods.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/Agave-Nectar-Worse-Than-We-Thought.html

I gotta get back to work..just had to freak out and rant. Peace out, yo, and stay away from the sweet stuff! IT WILL ALL KILL YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment