Monday, February 8, 2010

Wow, time flies....hehehhh.. :-/

erries
Sooo, yes. It has been over 2 months since I last wrote in here. Partially because life has been crazy getting everything pinned down and paid for for Natural Chef School, partially b/c I've been uninspired as far as food goes, and partially because I have new things occupying my time ;-)

BUT I am back! With a vengeance!

I have started the Master Cleanse and Clearvite program, so I'm going to chronicle my ventures on here. I only did 3 days of the Master Cleanse, which was actually GREAT. It's supposed to balance your blood sugar and get rid of all the antigens in your body, so it can kind of clear out and start over. Basically, for 3 days, all day I drank 12 tbsp organic fresh squeezed lemon juice and 12 tbsp grade B organic maple syrup in 7.5 cups of filtered water. Also, I could eat raw or steamed vegetables I had NEVER eaten before. And let me tell you....I now know there was a REASON I had never eaten them. EW.
Anyway, it was AMAZING how good I felt doing this cleanse! I had tried to do a 3-day juice fast 2 summers ago, and the morning of the 2nd day I blacked out and got a migraine, and that was the end of THAT. This, though...I never even got hungry! If I did start feeling any slight hunger pangs, I just took a swig of my concoction and they went away INSTANTLY. It was crazy! And the syrup kept my blood sugar level the whole time, so my head was clearer than it ever is. I felt awesome! Haven't felt quite as good since I've started incorporating food back into my diet...but hopefully that will level out.

Now I'm doing the Clearvite program, which is also for detoxification and to find any food allergies and heal them. I'm in the first 4 days now, in which I can only eat mostly fish, some chicken and turkey, and lots of gluten-free grains, fresh fruits and veggies, minus corn, tomatoes, soy, and peanuts. Random. Oh, and everything has to be ORGANIC. I tell you what, you don't realize how many little things go into what you eat until you think that EVERYTHING has to be organic. It really limits what you can have.

So basically, it's a pain in the buttox, but if it'll make me better...I'm up for the challenge! So I've been trying new recipes and stuff out, and they've been pretty darn good so far! So I have new stuff to share with you now, and I'm newly inspired! So here goes...

Day 1
Breakfast:
  • Clearvite shake with frozen berries and rice milk
  • small bowl of maple buckwheat flakes in rice milk
Lunch:
  • Sunflower pate wraps - these.were.AMAZING. Yes, yes, it sounds weird...but honestly, it tastes just like chicken salad, except it's made out of sunflower seeds! I based it on the recipe from one of my fav blogs, The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen, and tweaked it a bit based on what I had. Here's the recipe I followed:

Sunflower Pate:
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 5 hours
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup finely diced shallots
1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
A few sprinkles freshly ground black pepper
A few shakes of sea salt
A dash of Spike

Fillings:
sliced raw broccoli
sliced raw cucumber

sliced raw carrots

Organic nori sheets for the wrap


Place all ingredients for pate into food processor or blender (I used our VitaMix). Blend until fairly smooth. Take sheet of n
ori and spread some pate down the middle. Add desired fillings. Roll into a wrap, and wet the edges with fingertips, to get the nori to stick to itself and stay closed.

VOILA! A delicious and nutritious gluten-free, Organic, Clearvite Diet-friendly lunch! OH SO GOOD!


Dinner:

  • -Citrus chicken I have previously posted the recipe for, except I used oranges and lemons, and cherries because I didn't have any cranberries.
  • Boiled beets
  • Roasted brussel sprouts - cut brussel sprouts in half, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Place on top rack of oven at 450 for about 10 mins. Delish!

Oh, and for random snacks throughout the day, I ate apples, I think....Oh, and I made some cashew butter by putting some cashews, melted coconut butter, and a bit of water in the blender. It was very watery at first...but after I put it in a container in the fridge, it's actually the perfect consistency! I made ants on a log with it and it was yummmm :-)

Day 2
B
reakfast:
  • Clearvite shake with 1 orange, 1 tbsp coconut oil, a handful of shredded coconut, ice cubes, and rice milk

TO BE CONTINUED.... since it's been a week since I started writing this post and still haven't had time to finish it....lol ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh..took long enough! hehe

    what else would you *possibly* spend your time on?? ;-)

    I'm just glad to have more Kmo-ronicles on good eatin!

    ReplyDelete