Saturday, April 24, 2010

Comfort Food :-)

I have been craving macaroni and cheese like CRAZY.

Luckily, that guy in my class gave us each huge blocks of cheese! And I had quinoa noodles! So I used the leftover cheese sauce from the chicken parm I made the other day, added some more almond milk, and made mac and cheese. YUMMM!!!

I also have the finished product of that banana cream yumminess I was dreaming of last post...

First, I made a pecan crust:

  • 1 cup raw pecans
  • 5 dates
  • 1 Tbs coconut oil
  • pinch of salt
  1. Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse - should still be slightly chunky.
  2. Press into bottom of pan and bake at 350 for approx 8 mins.
Then, make the ginger cream from my last post - I also added cinnamon to it this time.

Take 2 bananas and slice them. Spread one layer of ginger cream over crust, then make one layer of banana slices. Add another layer of cream, another layer of bananas, then cream. I garnished with a few chinese cut banana slices (sliced at an angle, so they are long) in the shape of a flower and sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon.

Voila! Delish! Me likey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment