Thursday, February 3, 2011

Contest!

Ok people.  Here's the deal.

As you can see, I've been doing some major housecleaning around here.

It's time to get down to business. (to deafeat *crash crash* THE HUNS)

But seriously though.  I am almost at 100% readiness to start my business up for real.  The problem is...I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME COME UP WITH A FITTING NAME.

The one I have as the title of the blog now is probably the most legit I've come up with so far.  I am a Natural Chef, so I cook for health, and the main goal of MY business is to pass on my knowledge to others - thus the "maven" part.

But I'm still just not sure if it's quite perfect yet....

This is where you, dear readers, come in.

I am holding a contest.  I am asking for your best ideas for a business name and/or slogan for me.  Any input and ideas you have at all will be greatly appreciated! 

As a thank-you to the person with the best idea, I will come up with a whole-foods version recipe for the food of their choice.  I will test it, tweak it, and send it to you!  Just a little help along your path to a healthier life :-)

Here are the helping guidelines/things to keep in mind when coming up with ideas:
  • I'm a Natural Chef (also a Therapeutic Chef)
  • I will be traveling to client's homes to consult with them, do Pantry Revitalizations (where I throw away all their crap food), bring them to the store to show them what GOOD food to buy, and teach them to cook it.
  • I will also be doing menu plans, ideas for feeding picky children, food demos and cooking parties - you name it!
  • What I want to do most is TEACH people the skills they need to live a healthier life, for the REST of their lives - not just cook them healthy meals for a week and then leave them with lifestyles that are just as unhealthy as when I got there.
Let me know if you have any questions when you are coming up with ideas!  Tell me what you think of the name/slogan I have posted right now!

Please simply post your suggestions in the comments section below, along with your email so I can let you know if you win!  Please have all entries in by next Friday, February 11th at 11:57 p.m.  Yes, that's right, 11:57.

3 comments:

  1. This is a super cute design lil karen! I would hire you for sure! P.S. Where is that amazing salad recipe you said you were going to put up? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, Karen! I didn't know you were starting a business! This is a great idea..the word that came to me was "concierge" because you actually go to people instead of them coming to you. I really like the "maven" idea though; I think that encapsulates what you want to do. I'd love to talk over some of your ideas with you--I'm guessing this would be a for-profit venture, but I am doing a little bit of work in my classes about managing non-profits and would love to work with you in helping you think through some of the management aspects of your business. I'll be thinking of some creative names for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm loving this idea!! So proud of you.
    2. Please tell me Bill is Abby :) awesome
    3. I really like the name you have, I've been pondering it this morning and I'll let you know if I have an idea, but I think the one you have is super creative!

    ReplyDelete