These are Icy Watermelon Mojitos! SO GOOD for a hot summer afternoon, and a great alternative to the super-sugary traditional mojitos. The watermelon is so sweet, it doesn't need any other sweetener! For a more drinkable version, just don't freeze the watermelon first. Enjoy!
Icy Watermelon Mojito (serves 2)
- 1/2 small watermelon, scooped out into small chunks and frozen; thaw slightly
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 3 fresh mint sprigs
- liquid to achieve desired consistency (use water for a virgin mojito, I used white wine, I'm sure vodka would work...I have faith that you can figure it out ;-)
- 2 lime slices and 2 mint sprigs for garnish
- Place all ingredients except liquid in blender and blend on medium.
- Add liquid and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into margarita glasses and garnish with lime slice and mint sprig.
- Go lie in your hammock in the shade and enjoy!