Friday, November 6, 2009

Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake

Tonight, I stayed home with my youngest sister to just hang out and watch a movie (not that me, in all of my lameness, normally actually go OUT on Friday night...). BUT, we decided to watch a movie, and shared the sentiment that we wanted to gorge ourselves on food that was bad for us. Deciding that wasn't EXACTLY a good idea, I decided to check out Elana's recipes for some legal junk food (aka, CHOCOLATE). I found this recipe for Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake, and it came out LOVELY. Light and fluffy, chocolatey - really hit the spot! My aunt is visiting, and has recently gone gluten-free as well, and she loved it too :-) It was a quick and easy recipe, and all the ingredients were readily available in the house, so it was great.


Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake (Gluten Free)
3 large eggs, separated
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ cup agave nectar
¼ cup grapeseed oil
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
½ cup cocoa powder

  1. In a vita-mix, whip egg yolks, agave and salt on medium for 1-2 minutes
  2. Add grapeseed oil and mashed banana and blend for another minute or two
  3. Blend in cocoa powder
  4. In a bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks
  5. Gently fold contents of vita-mix into bowl with egg whites
  6. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and pour batter into pan
  7. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes

Breakfast:
  • 2 pumpkin almond flour pancakes
  • smoothie - frozen cherries, 1 apple, handful spinach, flax seeds, ice cubes, water
Lunch:
  • 1 can Campbell's Southwestern Vegetable soup (I've gotten really lazy about making my food lately...I just don't have the motivation, energy, or memory to actually pack a lunch the night before. Soo...basically, I wake up, realize I have no lunch, and throw a can of soup and a bowl in my car. EPICFAIL.
Snack:
  • apple with sunflower seed butter
Dinner:
  • 1 basa filet pan-fried in Annie's pomegranate dressing and Ken's Asian Sesame dressing mixed
  • spinach salad with walnuts, pear, raspberries, and dressing of fig vinaigrette
  • 1/2 cup rice pasta
  • Chocolate banana cake!
Snack:
  • 1 fried organic egg

No comments:

Post a Comment