Sunday, November 15, 2009

Migraines are the devil.

SoooOOOooooOOOo....I got really behind on posting because I was struck down by a migraine when I was trying to get caught up in the first place. So then, the next day, I had that weird "migraine hangover" feeling when I woke up. After I get a migraine, I always just feel like it happened because my body is horribly toxic for some reason (even though I don't really eat toxic food...ever...well sometimes I cheat I guess, but it shouldn't effect me THAT much!!) ANYWAY...I woke up and just wanted to GET THE JUNK OUT OF MY BODY. Sooo...I made a smoothie.

***WARNING: THIS SMOOTHIE IS NOT FOR WEAK, PANSY, WANNABE-HEALTH FREAKS - HARDCORE HIPPIES ONLY!***
  • Smoothie: 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, a ton of flax seeds, some ice cubes, and Garden of Life Perfect Food - this is a Greens powder, and supposedly the BEST you can buy. But I tell you what...you can SURE tell it's good for you!!! This is definitely not a smoothie you make to enjoy....but MAN did I feel good drinkin' it! :-D
I have also been making smoothies with organic cabbage in it - another good antioxidant organ cleanser to add in.

Today for breakfast, I made The Spunky Coconut's Grain Free Pumpkin Pancakes - and they were great!! :-D Very Fall-y, which I LOVE! They were very light and fluffy, but almost like...whipped egg-fluffy. I don't really know how to explain it. They weren't bread-y. But they tasted deeeeeelicious! Now just the age-old problem of finding a pan that actually doesn't destroy pancakes when you try to flip them, doesn't burn them, but also won't KILL you if you cook on it. Hmph.

Anyway......I think that was about the only interesting thing I really ate this weekend. Busy, busy, busy! Still trying to find money for nutrition school and a place to live in Cali..............any offers??? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment