Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Breakthrough!

Today was possibly one of THE most exciting days of my life. Ok, all things considered, not really, BUT, I was realllllly excited this morning! I decided to whip up a batch of almond flour pancakes, sans recipe. I ground up some almonds and flax seed, added some cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 eggs, a squirt of agave nectar, and a couple tbsp of water, and about 2 tbsp coconut oil. I stirred 'em up, put them in the pan with coconut oil, and....could it really be? No, surely....but yes! THEY CAME OUT WAY BETTER THAN THE ONES I MADE FROM A RECIPE!!!! They actually stayed together and were light and fluffy, yet substantial. I take this as a very exciting sign that my innate cooking skills are coming to fruition! YAY!!!
On another note, I guess I'm starting one of my phases where I'm ravenously hungry for a few weeks straight, so I ate a LOT today. Haha don't judge. ;-)

Breakfast:
  • 2 almond flour pancakes
  • smoothie with 1 small plum, 1 banana, flax seeds, ice cubes, apple juice
Snack:
  • 1 large organic carrot on the way to work (yes, I was already hungry by then)
First Lunch:
  • more leftover chili
  • half of a container of leftover salad from last night
Second Lunch (I feel like a hobbit or something...):
  • One Fresh Stir Fry - quinoa, chicken, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, cashews, citrus sauce - yummmmmmmmmmy!
Dinner:
  • The rest of my salad from lunch
  • rest of stir fry
  • another large almond flour pancake
  • pear

No comments:

Post a Comment