Monday, October 12, 2009

Cupcakes and Sprinkles = MAGIC


OK. So I have been craving chocolate cake like NONE other. Then, the other day, I found this recipe for a grain free, easy to make, CHEAP cake, and decided I HAD to try it. My sister and I made it, and ended up making cupcakes, because who doesn't love cupcakes??? They're just so HAPPY! And I can't remember the last time I had eaten one...so I was very excited. And yes, the recipe freaked me out because the main ingredient is great white northern BEANS. I was like, "Ok...that sounds SICK." But when the cupcakes came out of the oven, they actually LOOKED and FELT like cupcakes!!! I would never have known they were not made out of white death flour! AMAZING. I would, however, next time put a bit more sweetener in them, actually. I changed the recipe a bit, so I'll post below how I made it. I made it chocolate instead of pumpkin spice. I really recommend these! :-D

Add to food processor:
2 cups cooked white beans (Great Northern), room temperature, so they don't cook the eggs
5 eggs
1/2 tsp chocolate raspberry liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup honey


Puree well.
Add:
1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified
1/3 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Puree well.

Pour into greased and floured cupcake tins
Bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes. (I like to check to see if it's done by inserting a knife into the middle. If it's comes out mostly clean, it's done.)
For cupcakes: Fill 3/4 full, and bake for about 20 minutes.
Frosting:

Puree:
2 cups walnuts, almonds, and cashews
2 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
dash ground cloves
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract




THEN...the most MAGICAL part of all....I MADE SPRINKLES. Organic shredded coconut, with a drop of food coloring :-D



Frost the cupcakes, sprinkle on the "sprinkles", and VOILA! You have an amazing, delicious, ridiculously happy cupcake that is completely guilt-free and edible to ME! Ahhh it's the little things in life... ;-D
(p.s. Does it bother anyone else when people spell "voila" as "wa-la" or something of the sort? IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WORD IS, DON'T FREAKING TRY TO USE IT.)


My sister, enjoying the magic of healthy cupcakes :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment