Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Will you make dinner tonight?"

"Why of COURSE I will, Mother Dear!"
Clearly, that's exactly what I said to her.
....
Or something like that at least ;-)

ANYWAY, yes, tonight I helped out by making dinner. We had most of a roasted organic chicken left and a bunch of random veggies that needed to be used up, so I decided to use this recipe for spiced chicken and rice stew from another site I love, Whole Life Nutrition. I did change the recipe a bit, though. For the veggies, I used carrots, parsnips, turnips, and some random leafy greens we got from the organic co-op we are part of. I also added a can of garbanzo beans, and I used spaghetti sauce because we didn't have any tomato paste. I also didn't put in any rice, because I can't really eat grains.
It turned out SO WELL though!! The stew had a delicious middle-eastern flavor to it, and was very hearty and immune-boosting as well - GREAT for this horrendous flu season.
In addition, I made a salad with:
  • organic romaine lettuce
  • shredded apple
  • diced dried dates
  • raisins
  • sliced almonds
  • dressing made of sesame oil, a dash of balsamic vinegar, a bit of pomegranate juice, and some salt and pepper
Yum yum! I highly recommend it.

In other news,
Breakfast:
  • 2 organic eggs with a bit of shredded organic cheddar cheese and some diced tomatoes, scrambled
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal with coconut oil, raw milk, flax seeds
Lunch:
  • homemade chicken salad made with organic chicken leftover from last night, a little scoop of canola mayonnaise, sage, salt, pepper, rosemary, and some apple chunks. Served on cucumber slices
Snack:
  • protein smoothie - 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, flax seeds, handful of almonds, 1 tbsp almond butter, almond milk

Now I have to go pass out...I was out till 2 am because I finally got to go to my first real live college football game! Woohoo!!! And of course, we sat in the student section, so we were standing for like...6 hours straight or so. TIRED. But happy :-D

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment