Friday, October 9, 2009

News Brings Lingering Nausea

Sooo, in the car this morning on the way to Mass/work, I heard that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. At first I thought, "Surely this is one of those morning shows making fun of the fact he's done NOTHING since he got into office." I quickly realized this was false - somehow, some way, the committee got it in to their ridiculous brains that this WAS actually a good idea. And legitimate. That Obama should receive this once-prestigious award for his "intention" to bring peace, hope, solve world hunger, cure cancer, and turn the world into a magical land where everyone eats rainbows and poops butterflies.

But I digress.

Anyway, upon hearing this horrendous news, I nearly projectile vomited all over my car. This nausea didn't leave me all day, so...I ate weird stuff. Haha that was the point of the story.

Breakfast:
  • smoothie with almonds, flax seeds, banana, ice cubes
  • 1 slice sprouted grain cinnamon raisin bread with fig jam
Lunch:
  • salad with leftover oriental beef/cabbage/random organic greens stir fry on top
Snack:
  • hard-boiled egg
  • 1/2 banana with almond butter
Dinner:
  • almond flour pancakes with stewed apple cinnamon topping
Ok, these turned out surprisingly well too. I used a recipe from the ever-amazing Elana's Pantry. I did alter it a bit tho - I used about 1/2 a cup flax meal I ground, and only 1 cup almond flour. After I mixed it all though it was really watery, so I ended up adding a bit more flax/almond flour, just till it was a bit thicker. I also added cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, to make them kind of spiced flapjacks. I fried them in coconut oil instead of grapeseed oil. Also...she says to let them fry on one side until bubbles appear in them and pop, then flip them. Well, I did that, and they were completely black. The next batch, I didn't wait as long, but then they kind of exploded a bit in the pan when I flipped them. Sooo..I don't quite have the cooking time/method figured out. BUT, even the ones that looked burnt tasted just fine, and...hey, they'll get smushed up in your stomach anyway, right? ;-) Then put some stewed cinnamon apples on top, and YUM! Protein-filled pancakes that are hearty and delicious, and grain-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment